Thursday, 24 November 2011

Newfoundland Snow day!

Well, here I am in NL watching a good old fashioned snowstorm. I love it.  I do have to fly home tonight and that is bringing mixed emotions.  I miss my hubby but I don't want to say goodbye to Sarah, |Tim, Jenn and Michael.  It has been a great week.  Time sure went fast though. 
I am wondering if my flight will actually leave today.  Lots of snow and wind right now so I am watching things closely.  I wouldn't complain about one more night here.  :) 
I am starting to wonder about this travelling alone though.  Five years ago I flew to South Carolina to be with Martina after her daughter Caroline was born.  Upon arriving in Newark I discovered my flight to Charlotte NC was cancelled due to severe thunderstorms.  Now I may face a cancellation due to a snowstorm!  LOL I am a weather geek so I don't see these delays as a problem.  In fact the night I left Newark at 11:30 it was beautiful.  I could see in the distance a line of thunderstorms and the lightening dancing through the clouds.  You haven't seen a good thunderstorm until you see it in the distance in the air.  God knows how much I enjoy all kinds of weather and he blessed me by cancelling my original flight and gave me a spectacular view of one more aspect of His creation.  There are always blessings in the delays and events God allows in our lives.  It may seem simple like seeing a thunderstorm from up there but it sure is a wonderful memory for me.  Being here with my family how could I complain if I get delayed due to a good snowstorm?  
Well I am off to enjoy my day.  Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends that are celebrating today.  I feel like I am celebrating too. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get home safely Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Leibster award- head over to my blog to check it out! :) www.jennsilverlinings.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete