Well, I am coming to the end of another week of being an empty nester. It is a time in our lives we have definitly earned and looked forward to but it does come with mixed emotions. Some days I wonder what do I do now? What roll do I play in my family on a daily basis? What does God have for me now that my children are grown and gone?
It is true that I am glad I am no longer raising little ones but I miss those days. In place of my own little ones God has blessed me with 3 wonderful grandchildren; Jacob, Michael and Joanna. To me this is the best of both worlds. Grandchildren give you joy and laughter but your job is to enjoy them not raise them. Of course we always have a responsibility to teach them about our wonderful Lord and His love for them. That is a real privilege as a parent and a grandparent.
I do find my days are a bit long at times. With all the changes that took place this summer and now into fall I find myself needing some down time to renew and also reflect on the events that we have been through. Some good and some difficult but all for our growth and benefit. I am looking forward to what He has for us next. I know there is a new task for me somewhere. Just waiting for Him to show me what it is. I know whatever it is I can claim my life verse; Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
No comments:
Post a Comment