I am new to blogging but I thought after today I would give it a try. You see today was a trying day to say the least.
We had arrived in Newfoundland on Thursday, helped Tim and Jenn move in on Friday and spent a great weekend with our family. Sarah took us to Cape Spear on Sunday afternoon. We had some trouble with our truck that was used in the move so it had to be repaired before we could leave today.
On our way to the ferry in Argentia the truck started acting strange and would only go 30 - 50 km/hr. We were late and Marine Atlantic called the cell to ask if we were coming. We explained that we were on our way and yes we planned to get there but were having vehicle problems. They said ok. At 6 pm , we still were not there for the 6:30 pm crossing. We were praying that the Lord would cause the truck to work so we would make it on time. We rolled in to the terminal at 6:20 and they said they hadwaited for us. Everyone was so pleasant and good about the delay.
What I learned today is that God answers prayer in his way not our way. He showed us his power by working in the hearts of the people that operate the ferry to wait for us when normally the doors would have closed 15 min before departure.
I have a tendancy to think that I have the answer and I just need Him to make it happen my way. How wrong I am. He is in control of all things and He goes before us working his will and his way even in the everyday details of our lives. What a wonderful loving God we serve. I am so glad that His ways are not my ways. I don't know yet why the truck wasn't working properly but I know that through that we saw his goodness, love and caring in a normal life circumstance.
I love your blog! :)
ReplyDelete