Sunday, 2 October 2011

I Munno

I love talking to my grandchildren.  Jacob being the oldest talks the most and his most unique and most often quoted phrase is " I munno" ( I don't know)  :)  I find myself saying it the way he does so often.
This week our family was in the middle of getting ready for October 1 which is the first day of Duck hunting in NB.  Needless to say our house is a busy place in the week leading up to this all important Silver Holiday!  LOL  This year we had an extra activity added to the mix.  You see my husband had misplaced his ID for obtaining licenses for hunting.  This lead to about 2 weeks of looking for this camo wallet EVERYWHERE!  Seriously! With the men off to work the task became mine.  I know how much this means to Jonathan every year so I took this job on with vengence.  :) I started with his dresser ( on under behind and in) Nothing! Long story short I searched the house from attic to basement. Literally!!!   He was able to get his license with just some other documentation so things relaxed considerably Friday afternoon when we arrived at his parents.  Sitting in his hunting blind yesterday morning he felt something in the pocket inside his chest waders.  It was the wallet with ID we had been searching for!  We had prayed that the Lord would allow us to find it and he did.  Just not when we thought he needed it.  Another lesson in learning to wait and let Him decide how and when to answer prayer.
Our lives seem to be always in a hurry and we find ourselves asking God to answer prayer NOW!  Waiting for Him and His timing is a lesson I am still trying to learn. Our responses to His timing tell us if we have learned to trust Him.  Why is it that I can't learn to wait on Him and realize his ways and timing are best?
I MUNNO!!! :)

1 comment: